Music and Mindfulness Self Care Strategies for Everyone!
Jim Donovan’s virtual course explores the practical healing power of music. The goal of this program is to give your students evidence-based strategies to help them immediately relieve anxiety, improve mood, deepen sleep, and increase mental focus –all by using beginner friendly music-based techniques.
Interactive Virtual Workshop, Live Q&A, Video Tutorials, Printable Exercises, and Bonus Downloadable Guided Audio Exercises.
- Printable PDF of exercises
- Video Tutorials
- Download of Guided Audio Exercises
- A 1-hour Interactive presentation and Q & A video call (using the platform of your choice)
- Download of daily personal wellness planner tool
Jim Donovan M.Ed. is a professional musician, Assistant Professor at Saint Francis University and TEDx speaker. His mission is to share the healing power of music through education and performance. He specializes in placing music and wellness programs in organizations who focus on improving mental health and people recovering from addiction. Donovan performs with his band Sun King Warriors and was a founding member of the 3-time platinum band Rusted Root. There he co-wrote the song “Send Me on My Way” featured in the movie Ice Age and became the first song on Mars where it “woke up” NASA’s Mars Rover.
His TEDx Talk “How to Trick Your Brain Into Falling Asleep” has been viewed over 2.4 million times.
Music and Mindfulness Self Care Strategies
Anxiety Reduction. Mood Improvement. Improved Sleep Increased Focus.
What is our goal?
To learn how to use musical strategies to elicit anxiety reduction, mood improvement, better sleep and increased focus in teens and young adults.
Participants in this training will understand how to . . .
● comfortably and effectively use music and mindfulness strategies
● adapt existing music and mindfulness strategies to their own specific needs.
● design a daily plan to preemptively address self care.
● non musicians can effectively use music and mindfulness strategies
● prior musical experience and the ability to read music is not a requirement.
Questions to be addressed:
● Why are music and mindfulness strategies an effective way to elicit anxiety reduction, mood improvement, better sleep and increased focus in teens and young adults?
● What must one learn to maximize effectiveness when music and mindfulness strategies?
● What must one learn to develop a daily personal self-care plan?
By the end of this program you will know. . .
● methodology for assessing emotional “temperature”.
● methodologies for four music and mindfulness strategies.
● the research behind the techniques.
By the end of this program you will be able to. . .
● perform four music and mindfulness strategies.
● adapt music and mindfulness strategies for your own needs.
● design your own daily plan to preemptively address self care.
What is a Music and Mindfulness strategy? Music and mindfulness strategies are evidence-based techniques that use easy-to-learn rhythm, sound and breathing methods, as a way to elicit a desired physiological state, such as lowering stress, boosting mood, maintaining attention to task, or learning how to entrain brain waves for improved sleep.